Term Deposits (GICs)
CHINOOK FINANCIAL TERM DEPOSITS ARE 100% GUARANTEED*.
Invest with the certainty of a fixed interest rate and returns. Choose a timeframe, deposit your money, and get a known outcome with Chinook Financial Term Deposits. We offer a complete range of investment products to meet your needs, and investors are advised on a monthly basis of maturity dates, current balances and interest payments.
Plus, get a rock solid 100% Deposit & Interest Guarantee* on all of your invested capital and investment income, unique to credit unions.
ADVANTAGE MARKET INVESTMENTS DELIVER RESULTS
Advantage Market Non-Redeemable Term Deposit brings together the growth potential of the stock market with the comfort of the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee. These unique products offer a rate of return linked to the market performance of key economic sectors with a guaranteed minimum interest income, plus your capital is 100% guaranteed at maturity regardless of market movements**. It’s free of administration fees and purchase commissions!
Diversify your portfolio today with a 3-year or 5-year Advantage Market capital protected investment, offering simplicity, consistency and peace of mind. A minimum $500 investment is required and it's eligible as a Term Deposit, Tax-Free Savings Account or Retirement Savings Plan.
FOUR UNIQUE PRODUCTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- Advantage Market Financial Services: Rate of return linked the performance of Canadian financial institutions.
- Advantage Market Consumer Staples: Rate of return linked to the performance of international consumer staples companies.
- Advantage Market Health Care: Rate of return linked to the performance of international health care industry companies.
- Advantage Market Canadian Diversified: Rate of return linked to the performance of a diversified range of Canadian companies.
Explore Your Term Deposit Options
Chinook "Select" Term Deposit
- $2,500 minimum investment
- Fixed to maturity rate
- Interest paid annually
- 60 month term
- Redeemable prior to maturity on anniversary date
- RRSP eligible
Alberta Plus: Min Deposit $100.00
6 Month Regular
Chinook Select: Min Deposit $2,500.00
60 Months - Interest Paid Annually
1 to 5 Years: Min Deposit $1000.0 (Interest Paid Monthly Less 0.50%; Semi-Annual Less 0.25%; Annual/Compounded)
1 to 2 years
2 to 3 years
3 to 4 years
4 to 5 years
Variable: Min Deposit $10,000.00 (Interest Paid Monthly; Redeemable after 30 days)
Less than 1 Year: Min Deposit $500.00 (Interest Paid Lump Sum on Maturity)
39 to 59 days
60 to 89 days
90 to 179 days
180 to 269 days
270 to 364 days
Alberta Plus Term Deposit
- 6 month term
- $100.00 minimum investment
- Fixed rate and determined by market
- Interest is calculated daily and paid on expiry
- All accrued interest is forfeited if redeemed prior to maturity
- Terms from 30 to 364 days
- $500.00 minimum investment
- Fixed rate
- Interest calculated daily and paid lump sum on maturity
- Interest rate determined by market
- If investment is redeemed prior to maturity, all accrued interest is forfeited
Mortgage Investment Certificate (MIC) Term Deposits
The Mortgage Investment Certificate (MIC) provides a rate based on the average yield of the current mortgage portfolio. The longer you invest the higher rate of return you receive.
- 1 to 5 year terms
- $1000.00 minimum investment
- Variable rate, floats with average yield on the total first mortgage portfolio
- Rate is adjusted monthly
- Interest paid annually or monthly
- Early redemption penalty is 1% of the principal balance for each remaining year or part thereof
Variable Term Deposits
- 1 year term - automatically renews at expiry for same term
- $10,000.00 minimum investment
- Interest rate is variable and determined by market
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly
- All accrued interest is forfeited if investment is redeemed in the first 30 days
- After 30 days all accrued interest is paid if redeemed early
Recommended For You
The Legal Stuff:
**Advantage Market offers a return that ranges between the guaranteed minimum return and the predetermined maximum return. If the market advances, you receive a variable return of up to the predetermined maximum. If the market pulls back, you receive the minimum guaranteed return and your capital is 100% guaranteed. The maximum possible cumulative return for Advantage Market is 22% on a five-year non-redeemable term deposit.