EARN FLEXIBLE INVESTMENT INCOME.
Start 2019 off right with one of these limited time term deposit offers and a mimimum $5,000 contribution*:
2.75% NON-REDEEMABLE 1 YEAR TERM DEPOSIT
2.90% NON-REDEEMABLE 18 MONTH TERM DEPOSIT
3.00% NON-REDEEMABLE 3 YEAR TERM DEPOSIT
This offer is only eligible for new investments.
More or less to invest?
Let’s build a plan that balances your needs today and your dreams for tomorrow! Unlike a Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) or Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) can help you save for any purpose. Regardless of your age, there are no restrictions on the way the funds in the account are used. And you'll never be taxed on your investment income... even when withdrawn.
You’ll be protected by a rock solid 100% Term Deposit Guarantee*, unique to credit unions.
ADVANTAGE MARKET INVESTMENTS DELIVER RESULTS
Advantage Market Non-Redeemable Term Deposit brings together the growth potential of the stock market with the comfort of the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee. These unique products offer a rate of return linked to the market performance of key economic sectors with a guaranteed minimum interest income, plus your capital is 100% guaranteed at maturity regardless of market movements**. It’s free of administration fees and purchase commissions!
Diversify your portfolio today with a 3-year or 5-year Advantage Market capital protected investment, offering simplicity, consistency and peace of mind. A minimum $500 investment is required and it's eligible as a Term Deposit, Tax-Free Savings Account or Retirement Savings Plan.
FOUR UNIQUE PRODUCTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- Advantage Market Financial Services: Rate of return linked the performance of Canadian financial institutions.
- Advantage Market Canadian Diversified: Rate of return linked to the performance of a diversified range of Canadian companies.
WONDERING WHETHER A TFSA OR AN RSP IS RIGHT FOR YOU? HERE’S SOME POINTS TO CONSIDER:
A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) is a government approved account that allows taxpayers to earn investment income, tax-free. TFSA allows taxpayers to set money aside in eligible investment vehicles and watch those savings grow tax-free throughout their lifetime.
- Annual contribution limit is $5,500.
- Investment income earned and withdrawals from your TFSA are tax-free; withdrawals may be restricted by investment terms.
- Contributions are not tax deductible.
- Unused contribution room can be carried forward indefinitely. If you withdraw funds from your TFSA, your contribution room will be re- established in the following year.
- Investments like mutual funds or common shares can be held in a TFSA.
- Money earned or withdrawn is non taxable. This means that all interest, dividends or capital gains earned are tax-free.
- Funds withdrawn will not affect federal income-tested benefits or credits.
- TFSA assets can be transferred to a spouse upon death of the Holder.
- All Canadian residents 18 years or older that have a Social Insurance Number are eligible.
A Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) is a government approved plan that allow you to save money for your retirement years.
- Contributions are tax deductible up to the deduction limit found on your Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency.
- Investment income accumulates tax-deferred.
- Tax is payable only when you withdraw funds from your plan.
- No minimum contribution age, but must have earned income.
TFSA Chinook Select: Min Deposit $2,500.00
TFSA Non Redeemable: Min Deposit $1,000.00
?Did You Know
Our success is your success. Last year, our awesome member-owners enjoyed over $14 Million in dividends. Every member receives dividends for their investment and common shares! Interested in making common shares part of your investment strategy? It’s easy.
Tax-Free Savings Account
- High Interest Earning Account
- No minimum amount
Tax Free Savings Account Select GIC
- 5 year term
- Minimum deposit $2,500
- Interest paid annually
- Redeemable on each anniversary
- 1 to 5 year terms with auto renew at rates in effect at the time of renewal
- $1,000 minimum investment
- Fixed rate
- Interest rate determined by market
Recommended For You
The Legal Stuff:
**Advantage Market offers a return that ranges between the guaranteed minimum return and the predetermined maximum return. If the market advances,
you receive a variable return of up to the predetermined maximum. If the market pulls back, you receive the minimum guaranteed return and your principal and interest is 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation, excluding common shares, investment shares, and mutual funds. The maximum possible cumulative return for Advantage Market is 20% on a five-year non-redeemable term deposit.