Do You Have Questions?

Give us a call, we would love to answer them


Email Us

Send us a message, it's easy

Contact Us

Find A Branch

My bank draft has been lost or stolen. Can I place a stop payment or cancel it?

Your bank draft is a guaranteed cash equivalent, and once it is issued to you a stop payment cannot be placed on it and it cannot be cancelled - even if it is lost or stolen. When delivering your bank draft to the intended recipient, we strongly recommend that you personally deliver it, or that a trackable delivery method is employed, such as courier or registered mail.


There are procedures in place to replace a lost or stolen bank draft. Depending on the amount of the bank draft and lapsed time period, you may be asked to sign a bond of indemnity. This basically is a commitment to pay the amount of the original draft back if the original draft is presented for payment.


Contact your local branch or call us at 1.844.685.6225 to discuss the appropriate next steps if your bank draft is lost or stolen.