SIGNING UP DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR CRA PAYMENTS & REFUNDS HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
Whether you’re a business or individual due for a relief payment — like the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) or Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) — or are waiting on your tax refund, you can set up direct deposit with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to get your money faster. Simply register directly through your Chinook Financial Online Banking!
If you’ve already registered for CRA Direct Deposit, you don’t need to enrol again. If you haven’t enroled yet, you only need to set it up once to receive your CRA payments.
?Did You Know
There are so many benefits to signing up for direct deposit with the CRA. Convenience and Speed just being a couple.
WHY SHOULD YOU OPT FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT?
- Set up is easy: Sign in to your Online Banking, and register in just a few simple steps.
- Receiving money is fast: Your money will be deposited directly to your bank account — no waiting for cheques to be delivered in the mail.
- Avoid delays: As the events surrounding COVID-19 may impact the postal service and because our branches are temporarily open by appointment only, choosing CRA Direct Deposit ensures that you’ll receive your money faster.
- Transactions are secure: Safeguarding your privacy is our top priority.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Sign in to your Online Banking. If you don’t have online banking set up yet please call us at 1.844.685.6225 and we’ll help you out with that!
- Under the Account Services Tab on the left side menu, click on Set Up CRA Direct Deposits - or if you're a business looking to to get your CEWS payments faster - click on CRA Direct Deposit for Businesses (CEWS)*.
- Follow the prompts, including the one to select the account you would like your payments deposited to.
- That’s it! You will now receive your money from CRA faster and more securely!
Recommended For You
The Legal Stuff:
*CRA Direct Deposit For Businesses (CEWS) is only available through online banking specifically for businesses and is not accessible through your personal online bank account.
This information only collects data to be submitted to CRA. Members must check their enrollment on the CRA website (minimum 1-2 business days).
Personal information is collected under the Income Tax Act to administer tax, benefits, and related programs. It may also be used for any purpose related to the administration or enforcement of the Act such as audit, compliance and the payment of debts owed to the Crown. It may be shared or verified with other federal, provincial/territorial government institutions to the extent authorized by law. Under the Privacy Act,