MAKING MONEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
With roots in local agriculture and medium enterprise, we serve communities in Southern Alberta, and have been passionately helping our members achieve their financial goals and dreams while strengthening communities for more than 75 years. It’s something we’re proud of.
Our members are people, not numbers. Our communities are homes, not places. Connecting the dots between life goals, community and banking is in our DNA. We believe in doing things just a little bit differently. It’s who we are.
Community is all of our responsibility. When you’re our member, your money is making a difference – a genuine and lasting contribution to the financial success of your community.
Because we’re in this together.
Bank with us and make your money make a difference in southern Alberta!
In 2016 we’re making an impact in our communities by supporting initiatives that:
Build community pride and revitalization:
- Help citizens to build vibrant communities and foster civic pride
- Help neighbours or local businesses stay connected and supportive of each other
- Encourage community renewal and revitalization (such as beautifying neighbourhood spaces)
Support entrepreneurship & skills training:
- Create economic opportunity by providing access to training, resources or skills needed to become gainfully employed, self-employed, and financially sustainable
- Support entrepreneurs to start or grow their own locally-based businesses
- Help citizens increase their financial knowledge, skills and confidence so they are able to better manage their money
- Seek innovative ways to serve the ‘under banked’ by increasing access to mainstream financial service offerings
- Work to build solutions to increase affordable, accessible and stable housing options for our citizens in need.
2015 by the numbers:
- $227,615 invested in +60 community organizations
- 1,900 employee hours donated to local initiatives
In 2016 we’re helping Albertans:
- Gain access to affordable places to live
- Learn career, entrepreneurship and financial skills
- Feel civic pride and connections to their local neighbourhoods
LEARN & EARN SCHOLARSHIP AND MATCHED SAVINGS
Applications Now Closed! Next applications in September 2017.
We’re proud to offer a scholarship that provides more than just money. Through mentorship, we help you establish and reach savings goals, match those savings and provide tools to use throughout life!
- All Grade 12 students are eligible - priority is placed on students who are motivated and face social or financial barriers to achieving their career or education goals.
- Recipients take part in an eight-month financial education program –
- plan for your future career while enrolling in post-secondary education or trades programs
- gain financial literacy training aimed at managing your finances, setting goals and saving with purpose
FIND US ACROSS SOUTHERN ALBERTA THIS YEAR
We’re proudly partnering with:
We’re helping the Brook’s Women’s Safe Shelter to build a new shelter through a $20,000 donation, and helping give clients a fresh start through access to banking and financial counselling.
Rosebud Theatre’s Chinook Theatre for Young Audiences
Access to the arts enriches our lives. Extending that access to children and youth fuels their imaginations, enhances their education and creates a lasting positive impact on our communities.
Our partnership provides +3,000 southeastern Alberta students with access to live theatre experiences.
4-H Chinook Financial Community Service Recognition Program
Launches September 2016
We know firsthand that 4-H clubs play a vital role in building proud and connected communities. For every dollar volunteered by 4-H youth, we donate $10 the 4-H club, up to a maximum of $500.
Junior Achievement’s Economics for Success
Our volunteers will be in local classrooms, helping 750 students identify the necessary skills to be successful in their education and careers throughout 2016.
We’re proud members of: